- Why Immigrant Access to Capital Benefits Us AllSeptember 20, 2018dev/Mission graduate at LinkedIn headquarters […]
- Why Safe Financing for Small Businesses MattersMay 8, 2018Rodnia Attiq is the owner of El Borrego Restaurant in City Heights, a low- to moderate-income neighborhood in San Diego and one of the focus areas of the city capital partnership.
- Oakland’s Displacement Crisis: Why Communities Des…May 7, 2018Serial evictor landlords do not operate alone. By accessing funding from banks and other lenders, they are able to purchase property, and in turn, evict renters.
- Fines and Fees Reform is the Next Frontier in Soci…May 6, 2018With every penny accounted for, Marissa and her husband sat in my office with detailed budgets to figure out how they could pay her medical bills.
- Bank Lobbyist Act makes it easier for banks to dis…May 5, 2018Banks are rolling in it these days; between record profits in 2017 and the windfall from the December Republican-backed tax cuts, banks have rebounded from 2008’s financial meltdown,
- Immigrant Experience Inspires Latino Leaders To Me…May 3, 2018As the Senate takes up the debate on an immigration bill — and the White House ramps up deportation efforts and looks to punish immigrant families from using social services to which they are legally entitled